A 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra Roadster (Lot F124) sold for $1,100,000 and a 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra Roadster (Lot F163) sold for $1,000,000 today at Dana Mecum’s 29th Original Spring Classic, the largest muscle car auction in the world, taking place through Saturday, May 21 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
Top Sales for Friday, May 20 (all individual sales reflect hammer price):
- 1967 Shelby 427 Cobra Roadster (Lot F124) $1,100,000
- 1964 Shelby 289 Cobra Roadster (Lot F163) $1,000,000
- 1965 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot F125) $500,000
- 1972 Ferrari Dino GT (Lot F243) $310,000
- 1967 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot F127) $285,000
Among the feature consignments for Saturday, May 21 are:
- 1907 Stoddard-Dayton Model K Runabout (Lot S141)
- 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Convertible (Lot S149)
- 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S154)
- 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S164)
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 (Lot S168)
Mecum Indianapolis 2016 is open to buyers, sellers and spectators with general admission tickets available at the gate for $30 per day or $100 for all five days; children 12 and younger are admitted free of charge. Portions of the auction will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network with a stream of the entire event presented on Mecum’s website. For more details on the auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder for this and all Mecum auctions, visit www.mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.