Professional driver, Brian Smith, drove the Hennessey HPE750 Supercharged Mustang to a top speed of 207.9 mph. In the process, Hennessey’s potent pony car became the first 2015 Mustang to break the 200 mph mark. Jay Leno was on hand to witness the record speed while filming an upcoming episode of Jay Leno’s Garage, which will air on CNBC later this year.
The run was made on the 8.5 mile high speed oval at the Continental Tire Proving Grounds located in Uvalde, Texas – the same test track where John Hennessey test drove the company’s HPE700 Mustang to a top speed of 195 mph back in February of this year. During both tests, speeds were validated with Racelogic’s VBox 3i GPS data logging system.
“If at first you don’t succeed, just add more horsepower and rpm and try again,” said company founder and president, John Hennessey. “It’s pretty cool to be able to offer an American muscle car that delivers supercar performance for under $70,000.
“I have a lot of seat time in the 2015 Mustang GT, since the Ford Performance Racing School has a fleet of them that we use for high-performance driver training,” said Brian Smith, GM of Utah’s Miller Motorsports Park and instructor at Ford Performance Racing School. “The Mustang GT is a fast, good-handling car right from the factory, but the Hennessey Mustang takes it to a completely new level. The Hennessey high-performance upgrades transform a very good Mustang GT into a legitimate supercar.”
HPE750 Supercharged Upgrade for the 2015 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L V8
• 774 bhp @ 7,000 rpm
• 648 lb-ft torque @ 4,400 rpm
• 0-60 mph: 3.4 sec.
• ¼ mile: 10.9 @ 133 mph
HPE750 Supercharged 5.0L V8 Engine Upgrade
• 2.9 Liter Supercharger System
• Carbon Fiber High Flow Air Induction
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel Pump System
• Carbon Fiber Coilpack Covers
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• HPE750 Exterior Badging
• Supercharged Exterior Badging
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
• CarbonAero Front Splitter
• CarbonAero Side Sills
• CarbonAero Rear Lip Spoiler
• Hennessey H10 Lightweight 19-inch wheels (Mounted on factory tires)
• Hennessey H10 Lightweight 20-inch wheels (Mounted on factory tires)
• Brembo 15.1 in. Front Brake System Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Exhaust System