- All-new 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport boasts 325 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. using 93 octane fuel – the most power and torque in its class; enabling sport mode unleashes the car’s maximum performance
- Incorporated in Fusion’s all-new rotary gear shift dial, a sport mode button brings seven character changes that transform a family sedan into a sports sedan
- Adjustments impact steering, shifting, throttle response, suspension and cabin sound
Fusion V6 Sport is the most powerful midsize family sedan in its class, bringing attributes more commonly found in sports cars than midsize sedans like adaptive suspension and fully-enabled paddle shifters. Its 2.7-liter EcoBoost® engine produces a staggering 325 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, and yes, there are styling upgrades inside and out. But perhaps the most exciting feature is that the demeanor of Fusion V6 Sport transforms with the simple touch of a button.
The sport mode button lives at the center of the car’s all-new rotary gear shift dial. Pushing it enables seven dramatic changes that result in maximum performance.
Here’s a rundown of the seven ways in which Ford Fusion V6 Sport transforms into an all-out sports sedan:
- Handling: Increases stiffness of the continuously controlled dampers compared to the normal tuning and adds damping under spirited cornering to enhance vehicle responsiveness and minimize body motion.
- Powertrain sound: In-cabin noise cancellation is tuned to provide an entertaining in-cabin engine note
- Steering: Unique tuning for electric power-assisted steering provides clean, intuitive feel to match enhanced vehicle response
- Transmission: Aggressive transmission programming selects lower gears resulting in higher available torque and responsiveness. Gears are held through turns to maximize cornering performance. Downshifts with braking are rev-matched for smoothness and increased engine braking; when stepping off the accelerator, the gear is held to maximize engine braking performance
- Engine: Electronic throttle programming revised for responsive feel
- Paddle shifters: Shifters behind steering wheel become fully enabled – allowing for complete control of transmission for spirited driving
- Cluster: Sport mode icon appears in the cluster