- Presenter Ant Anstead officially opens Classic & Sports Car – The London Show
- Jaguar E-type revealed as the Best British Car Ever
- Stars including Ross Brawn OBE, presenter Ant Anstead and former rally navigator and co-driver Stuart Turner took to the interview stage
- Classic & Sports Car – The London Show features 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars with a celebration of Aston Martin in partnership with EFG International and display of Sir Stirling Moss single-seaters
- Inaugural show runs until 1st November 2015 at Alexandra Palace, tickets available on the door, further information at www.classicandsportscarshow.com
Classic & Sports Car – The London Show has opened its doors to the public for the first time with thousands of visitors treated to stunning displays, exciting live stage interviews and all things historic motoring.
Presenter of BBC TV show Building Cars Live, Ant Anstead, opened the inaugural show to an eager crowd, before revealing that the Jaguar E-type had won Best British Car Ever following a hotly contested public vote.
The presenter then took to the Interview Stage, sponsored by Smooth Radio, to share anecdotes from his career and his new TV shows including Building Cars Live in addition to talking about some of his favourite classics.
Formula One legend, Ross Brawn OBE, was next to be interviewed by broadcaster Henry Hope-Frost, discussing not only classic cars but also his illustrious F1 career and the future of the sport.
CEO of WeSeeHope, Mark Glen, former rally navigator and co-driver and competition manager for BMC and Ford of Britain, Stuart Turner, and chairman of Hexagon, Paul Michaels, also took to the stage during the day.
The show’s main displays featuring the Top Ten Best British Cars Ever sponsored by Autoglym – including the winning Jaguar E-type – a celebration of Aston Martin in partnership with EFG International, and an exhibition of Sir Stirling Moss’ most iconic single-seater competition cars, have been lapped up by visitors to Alexandra Palace.
In all the Classic & Sports Car – The London Show features more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars from world-famous collectors and world-renowned classic car retailers.
James Elliott, Classic & Sports Car magazine group editor, said: “The first day of our inaugural event has been a resounding success with thousands of eager classic car fans treated to a host of celebrity guest interviews and the reveal of the iconic Jaguar E-type as the Best British Car Ever. It was great to see so many people from all ages enjoying the wide selection of displays and we look forward to welcoming more visitors to the show.”
Over the next few days, the Interview Stage will feature even more star-studded guests including Sir John Egan, Peter Stevens and David Brabham among a host of other celebrity guests from the world of motoring and motorsport.