Ford has launched a new flagship version of its multi-award-winning Ford Fiesta ST.
The new Fiesta ST3 builds on the specification of the ST-2 by adding desirable features including:
- Keyless entry
- Sony DAB radio/CD with navigation system
- Cruise control
- Automatic headlights
- Rain sensing wipers
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Power-fold door mirrors with puddle lamps
- Electronic automatic temperature control
The Ford Fiesta ST-3 goes on sale just one year after the current Fiesta ST’s debut. Since then over 6,250 have been sold – 20 per cent more than forecast.
Priced at £19,250, the Ford Fiesta ST3 responds to demand for a higher series model in addition to the previous two specification line-up, with the ST-2 accounting for over 90 per cent of sales.
Powered by the same highly efficient petrol engine that has proved so popular with Ford customers – the 1.6-litre EcoBoost 182PS unit with six-speed manual transmission – the Ford Fiesta ST-3 will maintain the car’s ‘hot hatch’ performance, reaching 62mph time in 6.9 seconds and a top speed of 139mph. Official fuel economy on the combined cycle is 47.9mpg, with CO2 emissions of only 138g/km.
Five vibrant exterior colours are available – Frozen White, Race Red, Panther Black, Spirit Blue and Molten Orange. They are matched to one of two striking interior colour themes, Molten Orange or Smoke Storm, depending on the paint finish chosen.
Rear parking sensors are introduced as an optional extra on the ST-3 (and ST-2), costing £250.
The Ford Fiesta ST was launched to critical acclaim and has gone on to win almost 25 award honours including:
- Car of the Year – Top Gear Magazine Awards
- Best Hot Hatch – Auto Express Awards
- Best Hot Hatch – Scottish Car of the Year Awards
- Car of the Year – The Scotsman Motoring Awards
- Best Performance Car – UK Car of the Year Awards