Mecum Auctions continued its potent 2016 pace in Denver last weekend featuring a total of 611 vehicles across the auction block with 402 classic and collector cars hammering sold. Auction sale totals reached more than $11 million with top sales led by a superb R-Code 427-engined 1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL, which gaveled for $155,000. To review the full list of sales results, visit Mecum.com.
Top 10 sales at the Mecum Denver 2016 auction include (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
- 1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL (Lot S37) at $155,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window (Lot S128) at $140,000
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S98) at $135,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/400 HP Convertible (Lot S110) at $125,000
- 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 (Lot S36) at $115,000
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S102) at $115,000
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S173) at $80,000
- 1986 Porsche 930 Turbo (Lot S170.1) at $80,000
- 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S184) at $72,000
- 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge (Lot S160) at $67,000
Mecum’s next collector car auction will be the company’s annual Harrisburg event at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, July 21-23. The following month will bring the return of Mecum Monterey 2016. “The Daytime Auction,” August 18-20 is slated to feature one of the finest selections Mecum Auctions has ever offered in Monterey, including exotic supercars, sports cars, classics, muscle cars and Corvettes.
For more information on an upcoming auction or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.