The McLaren Extended Warranty launched in 2014 can now be renewed up to the car’s 12th birthday. The enhancement recognises the increasing number of McLaren cars on the road, with more than 3,000 vehicles today having passed their third birthday, as well as the desire of many owners to retain ownership of their cars.
The policy, which previously could only be extended up to the car’s seventh birthday, covers the majority of factory-fitted components, giving customers the peace of mind that their McLaren will continue to perform in the same way as it was first created.
The McLaren Extended Warranty, available for Sports and Super Series vehicles, comes with a wide range of benefits including unlimited mileage cover, roadside assistance in selected markets and, in the event of claim, guaranteed use of McLaren Genuine Parts fitted by fully trained McLaren technicians. The scheme is available for all new, existing and approved-used McLaren Qualified vehicles that have covered less than 100,000 miles and have been owned for a minimum of 90 days.
Carl Whipp, Aftersales Director at McLaren Automotive commented: “Owners want the reassurance that their car will still be looked after to the same standards with which it was built. And they want to continue to enjoy their McLaren without worry. Sometimes daily. It’s for them that we launched the Extended Warranty and now with this further enhancement to the coverage period, it will continue to give complete peace of mind … right up to the car’s 12th birthday.”
The McLaren Extended Warranty can be purchased directly from McLaren retailers*, and the cover can be acquired at any point in the vehicle’s life prior to the 10th anniversary and for the duration of 12 or 24 months.
*The policy is currently not available in Australia and China but plans are in place to launch the policy in these markets in 2017.
The following items are excluded from the McLaren Extended Warranty:
- General maintenance, scheduled servicing, and routine adjustments required by normal wear and tear and/or recommended by McLaren Automotive Limited, including any replacement parts and assemblies or other materials (including but not limited to, spark plugs, wiper blades, bulbs, filters, belts, coolant hoses, brake pads, lubricants, fluids, and filters) used in such services and adjustments
- Batteries, tyres, wheels, wheel balancing or alignment
- Paintwork, trim and upholstery or the deterioration of any other part, assembly or component as a consequence of wear and tear or exposure to the elements
- After market accessories or non-original equipment, components and systems not installed by a McLaren Retailer are specifically excluded from the coverage
- Any damage caused to any components by the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel
- The renewal of any clutch component due to incorrect adjustment, misuse or general wear and tear
- Water Ingress
- Software upgrades (unless part of a valid repair).