Mazda MX5 Black Tuned Roadster released
Posted on 03 October 2011
Mazda have released the MX5 BLACK TUNED Roadster, a special edition version of its iconic lightweight, two-seat, open-top sports car for the Japanese market. The special edition Roadster goes on sale today at all Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealerships nationwide.
The Mazda Roadster was originally launched in 1989 and is now sold in approximately 60 countries around the world. Total production stands at over 900,000 units and the Roadster is officially certified by Guinness World Records as the world’s “Best selling two-seater sports car”.
The special edition BLACK TUNED Roadster is based on the premium ‘RS RHT’ and ‘VS RHT’ model grades that feature Mazda’s groundbreaking power retractable hard top (RHT). The BLACK TUNED theme is reflected in stylish special features including a Brilliant Black roof and door mirrors, and Gun Metallic 17-inch alloy wheels. Interior quality is also enhanced, with sand-colored stitched black leather seats and steering wheel.
Three external body colors are available, including two exclusive colors – Spirited Green Metallic and Velocity Red Mica – and the popular Crystal White Pearl Mica.
Main features of the special edition Mazda Roadster BLACK TUNED
Mazda Roadster RS RHT with 2.0-liter DOHC engine and six-speed manual transmission, and Mazda Roadster VS RHT with 2.0-liter DOHC engine and six-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission.
- Power Retractable Hard Top (Brilliant Black)
- 17-inch alloy wheels (Gun Metallic)
- Front grille garnish (Brilliant Black)
- Door mirrors (Brilliant Black)
- Rear roll bar garnish (Brilliant Black)
- Black leather seats (with sand-colored stitching)
- Black door trim (with sand-colored stitching)
- Decoration panel (piano black)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel (with sand-colored stitching and piano black switch bezels)
- Leather-wrapped parking brake lever (with sand-colored stitching)
- Front fog lights (clear) and fog light bezels (black)
- Outer door handles (body-colored)
- Bose ® sound system (AUDIOPILOT ™ 2) and seven speakers (no head unit)
- Leather-wrapped shift knob (with chrome ring) *1
- Soft pads on the side door trim arm rests (synthetic leather) *2
- Soft pad on the center console lid (synthetic leather) *2
- Seat heaters (with five temperature settings) *2
- Front suspension tower bar (built into the cowl) *3
Six-disc CD changer with AM/FM radio/MP3/WMA *4 player and AUX jack
Exterior body colors
There is a choice of three exterior body colors: Spirited Green Metallic (exclusive), Velocity Red Mica (exclusive) and Crystal Pearl White Mica (special body color).
- *1 Special equipment on the RS RHT model only
- *2 Special equipment on the RS RHT model only (standard equipment on the base VS RHT model)
- *3 Special equipment on the VS RHT model only (standard equipment on the base RS RHT model)
- *4 WMA: Windows Media Audio. Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation