- José Mourinho learns high speed drifting and full throttle ice driving on a 60 kilometre frozen lake in Arjeplog, Sweden
- Mourinho tests new Jaguar F-PACE prototype ahead of UK customer deliveries in late spring 2016
- Mourinho shares his thoughts as he plans next phase of successful career
- A new short film featuring Mourinho and the F-PACE on ice in Sweden may be viewed below
José Mourinho has mastered the art of high speed drifting and full throttle ice driving on a 60km frozen lake at Jaguar Land Rover’s extreme testing facility in Arjeplog, Sweden.
The sporting icon was testing a high performance Jaguar F-PACE S as part of an extreme driver training experience just 40 miles from the Arctic Circle. In 2017, the Jaguar Ice Drive Experience will be available to customers from all over the world.*
José Mourinho said: “The experience was magnificent. For people in my world, I think a few days in a place like this is magnificent.”
In temperatures as low as -30˚, Mourinho’s driving skills were tested to their extreme limit in the Jaguar F-PACE by Finnish professional driver, Tommi Karrinaho.
Mourinho said: “I am always learning. Even in football, which is an area that obviously I feel that I’m an expert, I’m never perfect and I always learn.
“The flying lap with Tommi sent my adrenaline soaring. It’s something I’ve only ever experienced before when I have walked out in front of 80,000 football fans.”
Mourinho is experiencing widespread interest about his future, but in the isolation of Jaguar’s extreme testing facility in Sweden, the three-time Premier League-winning manager was philosophical about his next move.
Mourinho said: “I have worked for as long as I can remember as a manager and this is now the second time I have stopped in 16 years. So it’s not a drama, but for sure I will be back soon.”
Mourinho, who owns a Jaguar F-TYPE Coupé and has already placed an order for the new Jaguar F-PACE, insists he will be staying in England for the foreseeable future.
“This is a moment when my family needed some stability and my wife and I made the decision to stay in London. It’s an amazing place to live, an amazing place for them (my children) to study. I don’t know where football will take me because in football you never know, but for sure as a family our home will still be in London,” added Mourinho.
The Jaguar F-PACE offers an unrivalled blend of performance, design and practicality. To ensure that every system functions perfectly even under the most extreme conditions, the new F-PACE has been subjected to one of the most demanding test programmes the company has ever devised.
Jaguar F-PACE: Product highlights
- The all-new Jaguar F-PACE: a performance crossover for those who love driving, with unrivalled dynamics and everyday usability
- Priced from £34,170, F-PACE is available to order and configure now at www.jaguar.co.uk
- Models include Prestige, R-Sport, Portfolio, S and First Edition.
- F-TYPE-inspired form that delivers on the promise of Jaguar’s breakthrough C-X17 concept, with a spacious, luxurious cabin and large 650-litre luggage compartment
- Strong and stiff Lightweight Aluminium Architecture delivers agility, refinement and efficiency
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD) delivers reassuring levels of grip for all-weather confidence, further enhanced with segment-leading traction technologies including Adaptive Surface Response
- InControl Touch Pro: the world’s most advanced infotainment system, designed in-house by Jaguar Land Rover to make every journey easier and more connected
- 10.2-inch tablet-style touchscreen is intuitive to use and features superb quality graphics
- Connect up to eight devices on the Wi-Fi hotspot, transforming the F-PACE into a mobile office or entertainment centre
- Virtual 12.3-inch HD instrument cluster with four visual themes and full-screen 3D navigation display
- World debut of Activity Key: waterproof, wearable technology for active lifestyles, allowing the keys to be securely locked inside the vehicle
- Double-wishbone front and Integral Link rear suspension for exceptional handling and ride comfort
- F-TYPE-derived chassis technologies including Torque Vectoring, Adaptive Dynamics and Configurable Dynamics to offer a rewarding, tuneable driving experience
- Optimised aerodynamics delivering low drag and high-speed stability and refinement
- Clean, responsive 180PS 2.0-litre Ingenium diesel uses state-of-the-art technologies to minimise NOx and produce CO2 emissions from just 129g/km
- Supercharged 380PS 3.0-litre V6 petrol delivers scintillating performance: 0-62mph in 5.5 seconds
- 300PS 3.0-litre V6 diesel combines outstanding refinement with the high torque output of 700Nm
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) enables all-wheel drive ability and rear-wheel drive character
- All-Surface Progress Control enables smooth drive-away on low-friction surfaces
- Full suite of cutting-edge occupant and pedestrian safety systems
JAGUAR LAND ROVER TEST CENTRE
From the searing heat and dust of Dubai to the ice and snow of Northern Sweden, the new F-PACE has been tested to the limit in some of the most inhospitable environments on Earth.
At Jaguar Land Rover’s test facility in Arjeplog, Northern Sweden, average winter temperatures rarely exceed -15°C and often plummet to -40°C. The 60km of purpose-built handling tracks, mountain climbs, inclines, split-friction straights and off-road areas are ideal for optimising the calibration of the all-wheel drive system, Dynamic Stability Control and technologies such as Jaguar’s revolutionary All-Surface Progress Control. The work done here makes sure that, whether on asphalt, snow or ice, the F-PACE delivers the connected steering feel and agility fundamental to Jaguar dynamics DNA.
- The F-PACE is the latest aluminium-intensive Jaguar and will be manufactured in Solihull, UK
- The F-PACE will go on sale from 2016.
- The all-new Jaguar Ice Drive experience opens in 2017. To find out more visit: https://www.jaguar.com/experience-jaguar/iconic-experiences/ice-drive-sweden.html