- The Jaguar E-type is currently leading a worldwide poll to find the best British car ever by Classic & Sports Car magazine
- Iconic sports car tops the poll with thousands of public votes, but is only just ahead of its nearest rival, the Mini Cooper S, with the Austin Seven and McLaren F1 just behind
- Global poll closes on August 1st with enthusiasts urged to vote now for their favourite from a top ten shortlist that also includes the original Range Rover, Jaguar XKSS and Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
- Winner will be revealed at Classic & Sports Car – The London Show, held at Alexandra Palace from 30th October to 1st November
- Unveiling of the best British car of all time will be just one incredible story at this new London celebration of all things historic in motoring
- Classic & Sports Car – The London Show will feature more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars from world-famous collectors and world-renowned classic car retailers
- To vote for your favourite British car and to buy tickets for the show simply visit www.classicandsportscarshow.com
Voting is hotting up in a new global poll by Classic & Sports Car magazine to find the best British car of all time, with the much-loved Jaguar E-type taking a narrow lead with just a few weeks to go until the poll closes.
Once referred to as the most beautiful car ever by Enzo Ferrari, the E-type is just edging out its nearest rival, the Mini Cooper S, but with polls at www.classicandsportscarshow.com open until 1st August, there’s every chance that lead could change hands.
With cars as varied as the Austin Seven, McLaren F1, Ford GT40 and Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost also making up the top ten shortlist, Classic & Sports Car is calling on enthusiasts to vote now to make sure their favourite gets the recognition it deserves.
The winner of the new worldwide poll will be revealed at Classic & Sports Car – The London Show, held at Alexandra Palace from 30th October to 1st November 2015. The magazine’s all-new historic motoring show will feature more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars from world-famous collectors and world-renowned classic car retailers.
Revealing the best British car of all time will certainly be one of the event’s biggest highlights though. Enthusiasts can pick from ten historically significant British cars, with the leaderboard currently looking like this:
1. Jaguar E-type
2. Mini Cooper S
3. Austin Seven
4. McLaren F1
5. Range Rover
6. Lotus Seven
7. Bentley Speed Six
8. Ford GT40
9. Jaguar XKSS
10. Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
“The E-type is without doubt one of the most beautiful and desirable British cars ever. I’m not surprised to see that it’s currently leading the thousands of votes we’ve received. It is a true icon,” said group editor, James Elliott. “With the poll so tight, though, just a few votes could make all the difference! Our amazing shortlist is full of pioneers and with just a few weeks to go before the poll closes, I would urge people to vote now for their favourite and make their feelings heard. I can’t wait to reveal the winner at Alexandra Palace this autumn with all the pomp and ceremony it deserves.”
Contenders for the crown will be on display at Alexandra Palace alongside the eventual winner. To cast your vote, simply visit www.classicandsportscarshow.com before 1st August. A random draw will select 25 participants who will receive a pair of free tickets to the show.
Tickets for Classic & Sports Car – The London Show are now on sale, visit www.classicandsportscarshow.com or call 08445 811275 to book yours.