With the limited production run of Hennessey’s 2010 HPE700 Camaro long since sold-out, the company has announced they will build another 24 units for the 2011 model year. This latest run of HPE700’s will include the addition of the new convertible model (from Chevrolet) and an increase in power from its supercharged 6.2L LS9 V8 – the same engine found in the Corvette ZR1.
The 2011 HPE700 gets its additional power from revised boost levels and a more robust fuel system, delivering 755 bhp and 763 lb-ft of torque. This 30 horsepower increase over 2010 will also help move the convertible’s extra weight, while the large 15 inch brakes from last year remain to bring it back to a stop quickly.
As the Camaro convertible arrives in showrooms in the spring of 2011, the 6-speed manual SS model will become available alongside its hardtop brethren to become the basis for the HPE700 LS9 Camaro transformation.
HPE founder and president, John Hennessey said, “We have already sold a several of our 2011 HPE700’s in hardtop form, increasing the potential for the convertible LS9 Camaro to become an even rarer option than before”. “I expect that we will sell all 24 units just as we did in 2010. However this time we will probably sell-out even sooner as the convertible option will certainly be attractive – especially with 755 horsepower”.
In addition to the upgraded LS9 engine, the HPE700 also includes an adjustable coilover suspension, larger sway bars, HPE lightweight wheels, larger 15-inch brakes with 6-piston front calipers, stainless steel long tube headers, painted hockey stripe, Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, CarbonAero™ carbon fiber body kit and more to complete the car’s distinct look and performance characteristics.
As with the 2010 model year, the 2011 HPE700 LS9 Camaro will be limited to just 24 units, with no set allocation between coupe and convertible. Pricing for the complete HPE700 upgrade, including the base vehicle, is $132,500 and can be ordered directly through HPE or one of Hennessey’s authorized Chevrolet dealers.
HPE700 LS9 Camaro
Limited Edition – Only 24 to be Built for 2012 Model Year
Power:• 755 bhp @ 6,400 rpm
Performance (Coupe):• 0 – 60 mph: 3.3 sec*
• 1/4 mile: 10.9 @ 130 mph*
• Skidpad: 1.01 g
• 60 – 0 mph braking: 104 ft.
* with optional Nitto Drag Radial tires
The Camaro HPE700 Includes:
• 2012 Camaro SS with 6-speed Manual Transmission
• Coupe or Convertible
• LS9 6.2L Supercharged Engine
• HPE Air Induction System
• Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
• High Flow Supercharger Snout Upgrade
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• HPE700 Camshaft Upgrade
• High-Flow Fuel Injectors
• Fuel System Upgrade
• Intercooler System Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
• Stainless Steel Mid-Pipes
• High Flow Catalytic Converters
• HPE Extreme Duty Clutch & Flywheel Upgrade
• HPE Race Shift Knob and Short Throw Shifter Upgrade
• HPE Light Weight Alloy Wheels
• 20 x 9.5 inch (front); 20 x 10.5 inch (rear)
• Pirelli P-Zero Tires: 275/35-YR20 (front); 305/35-YR20 (rear)
• Brembo Front Brake Upgrade: 6-Piston Calipers with Light Weight 15 inch Cross-Drilled Rotors
• Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade: 4-Piston Calipers with 15 inch Light Weight Rotors
• Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension System
• HPE Front & Rear Sway Bar Upgrades
• Tubular Frame Brace (Convertible Only)
• CarbonAero™ Bodywork: Front Splitter, Rear Bumper Diffuser & Side Rocker Panels
• Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripe with LS9 logo
• HPE700 & Hennessey Logos Painted on Rear Deck Lid
• Hennessey Embroidered Head Rests & Floor Mats
• Serial Numbered Dash & Engine Plauqes
• Hennessey Letter of Authenticity
• HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park – a 1/4 mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey’s 30,000 square foot production facility and showroom.