- Focus RS equipped with upgrade sprints 0-62 mph in 4.5 seconds – faster than a Porsche 911 Carrera costing more than twice as much
- Co-developed by Ford Performance and Mountune, the component and software upgrade can be fitted by any Mountune-appointed Ford dealer and is covered by the Ford warranty
- Acclaimed Focus RS introduced last year has received more than 4,600 orders in the UK
Ford Focus RS customers can now further enhance the performance of the award-winning hot hatch, with the official Ford Performance by Mountune power upgrade package.
Co-developed by Ford Performance and race engine and road car performance specialist Mountune, the approved upgrade boosts peak power from the specially engineered Ford 2.3‑litre EcoBoost engine by 25 PS to 375 PS and peak torque by 40 Nm to 510 Nm using overboost.*
Equipped with the Ford Performance by Mountune power upgrade that is available in selected European markets and priced £899 for customers in the U.K., the Ford Focus RS achieves improved 0-62 mph acceleration in 4.5 seconds – faster than a Porsche 911 Carrera with manual transmission costing more than double the Focus RS list price. Top speed remains 165 mph.
“Ford has a proud history of working with Mountune to unleash even more power from our hot hatchbacks for dedicated performance enthusiasts,” said Tyrone Johnson, vehicle engineering manager, Ford Performance. “Boosting power to 375 PS launches the already class-leading Focus RS even further ahead of the field.”
The Ford Performance by Mountune kit for Focus RS includes a high-performance air filter, bespoke alloy crossover duct with high-performance silicone hoses, an upgraded air re-circulation valve and revised software tuning for the engine ECU.
Any Mountune-appointed Ford dealer will be able to fit the upgrade in 1.5 hours and it is fully compatible with the Ford warranty, meaning Ford Performance by Mountune Focus RS vehicles continue to be covered against mechanical failure – for example for three years or 60,000 miles in the U.K. from the original date of purchase.
Ford has received more than 4,600 UK orders for the Focus RS since last September. The high-performance hatchback pioneers innovative Ford Performance All Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring for a new level of handling, grip and cornering speed. Selectable Drive Modes – including an industry-first Drift Mode that allows controlled oversteer drifts – and Launch Control feature on the RS model for the first time.
The Focus RS has received numerous awards and accolades, including:
- Hot Hatch of the Year – Auto Express magazine
- 2016 Car of the Year – Top Gear magazine
- Car of the Year – 2016 Vehicle Dynamics International Awards
- Engineer of the Year: Focus RS chief engineer Tyrone Johnson – Autocar Awards
Developed by Ford Performance engineers in Europe and the U.S., the Focus RS delivers 350 PS and 4.7 second 0-62 mph acceleration in standard form.