Envisage Group Ltd, the world’s fastest growing engineering services company, has played a key role in the creation of nine new XKSS continuation models, replacing those lost in the Jaguar Browns Lane factory fire of 1957.
Traditional and rare expertise in hand craftsmanship
Envisage Group was commissioned by Jaguar Classic to be the sole supplier of hand-crafted monocoque body shells and body panels for the XKSS continuation model to the exact specification of the iconic original.
The company was nominated because it offers traditional and, nowadays, extremely rare expertise in hand-crafted aluminium forming and body assembly.
Envisage Group’s highly skilled workforce employed English Wheel metal-forming techniques and precision hammer-forming to hand-craft the beautiful and complex XKSS bodies.
Authentic reincarnation of 1950s working partnerships
The working relationship between Jaguar and Envisage Group is an authentic reincarnation of the partnerships that existed in the era of the original D-type and XKSS, fully consistent with the heritage of both companies.
Envisage Group’s role echoes that of the Coventry-based specialist suppliers to Jaguar such as Abbey Panels who produced low-volume Jaguar bodies for many years, including the first XK120s, C-, D- and E-types in the 1950s and 60s.
Securing the future of traditional coachbuilding skills
Today, the core of Envisage Group’s traditional metal-forming craftsmen acquired their skills as time-served Abbey Panels apprentices. Envisage Group is committed to securing the future of these traditional metal-working skills with its policy of investing in young people through its own widely respected apprenticeship programme.
This rare skill-set also provides Envisage Group with the capability to design, engineer and manufacture coach-built cars for wealthy, private individuals who wish to create something truly unique.
For example, Envisage Group was responsible for the manufacture and painting of Eadon Green’s striking, retro-styled Black Cuillin concept model, revealed at this year’s Geneva Auto Show.
Commenting on the role of Envisage Group in the XKSS continuation, Chris Devane, CEO, said: “The Envisage Group is proud to have played a key role in the creation of the Jaguar XKSS continuation models. Our unique competence in hand-craftsmanship allows us to recreate automotive classics with exceptional quality and an unrivalled attention to detail while our ongoing investment in young people will ensure the future of these traditional skills.”
About Envisage Group:
- A full-service transport development partner to the Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Marine and Defence industries.
- Services comprise design, engineering, manufacturing, testing, validation, technical recruitment and project management. – to rigorous standards of quality.
- We provide tailored and flexible services with powerful, innovative and effective turnkey programme solutions.
- Our expertise covers low-production runs of complete vehicles, the design and manufacture of precision body tooling, prototype build, body panel supply and simple tooling aids.
- Automotive giants also employ Envisage Group’s expertise to create full-sized, high-tech concept cars to exacting motor show standards of finish.
- Our client base includes a wide range of blue-chip companies including Jaguar Land Rover, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Tesla, Mercedes Petronas GP, BAE Systems, Williams Advanced Engineering, Geely, Volvo and Nissan
- 32% growth in turnover in last two years with a further growth of 27% projected in 2017.
- Diversification is an important part of our strategy with recent expansion in USA, Germany, India and China through technical partnerships and new sales offices.
- Our recent acquisition of Concept Group International will expand our client base and type of business as well as provide additional capacity.
- Continued diversification into non-automotive sectors is a fundamental part of our strategy.
- We are based in Coventry, England.
Envisage Group: The Art of Engineering