As well as a stand (Hall 20, Stand 2660) in the exhibition’s indoor display, the performance car brand will also feature in an assortment of driving and handling attractions as it continues to build awareness with UK customers following 2015’s record-breaking year for sales.
Last year was Abarth’s best ever in the UK, with total sales of 2743 – a rise of 67.0 per cent against 2014 (1642) – and a top five finish in terms of fastest-growing car brands in the UK.
The Autosport International show provides Abarth with an excellent opportunity to ‘kick off’ 2016 and continue the momentum gained last year. The stunning Abarth 695 biposto Record is among a host of exciting Abarth models on display at the show.
The key areas of involvement include:
- Indoor Display – exhibiting the Abarth 695 biposto Record and new Abarth 695 Assetto Corse Record race car in the main hall, alongside the Abarth 595 Yamaha Factory Racing Edition, as part of a motorsport themed display;
- Hot Hatch Hall of Fame – an Abarth 695 biposto ‘full specification’ will be featured as an example of one of the most radical examples of cars that have defined the hot hatch phenomenon;
- Live Action Arena – the show presenter will arrive on stage in an Abarth 595 Yamaha Factory Racing Edition for the Live Action sessions;
- Demonstration drives in partnership with the Motor Sports Association – an Abarth 695 biposto will be one of a selection of cars being operated by the MSA providing passenger ride ‘hot laps’ on an outdoor circuit;
- Abarth Handling Circuit – opportunity to drive test cars under expert supervision, around Abarth’s own dedicated handling circuit next to the MSA operation.
“It doesn’t matter where you go at Autosport International, you’ll be sure to come across Abarth,” says Gerry Southerington, brand manager, Abarth UK. “All our activity at this important show will provide Abarth with a high profile to attract new customers to both 695 biposto and the 595 product range.”
Abarth prices start at £14,610 OTR for the 1.4 TJet 140hp Manual rising to £33,055 OTR for the 1.4 TJet biposto 190hp Manual.