- British car care and valeting specialist, Autoglym, confirmed as sponsor for Classic & Sports Car – The London Show’s Best British Car Ever feature
- Iconic display will include all ten contenders in the magazine’s global poll, which has now closed
- The winner will be revealed at the inaugural event, taking place at Alexandra Palace from 30th October to 1st November
- Unveiling of the best British car of all time will be just one incredible story at this new London celebration of all things historic in motoring
- Classic & Sports Car – The London Show will feature more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars from world-famous collectors and world-renowned classic car retailers
- To buy tickets for the show visit www.classicandsportscarshow.com
The entrants of Classic & Sports Car’s global poll to find the best British car ever are set to be celebrated in an iconic feature at Classic & Sports Car – The London Show.
After votes were cast in their thousands, the winning car has been decided and will be revealed at the inaugural event, taking place from 30th October to 1st November at Alexandra Palace.
The display, including all ten contenders, will continue its British theme with Hertfordshire-based company, Autoglym, revealed as the sponsor. Currently celebrating its 50th anniversary, the royal warranted brand manufactures over 100 car care and valeting products.
With cars as varied as the Austin Seven, McLaren F1, Ford GT40 and Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost also making up the top ten shortlist the feature is sure to be a key attraction at Classic & Sports Car – The London Show.
Paul Caller, chief executive, Autoglym, said: “The show is a great opportunity for us to meet enthusiastic car owners in a stunning setting. There are some fantastic features confirmed for the show, but what really caught our attention was the Best British Car Ever.
“Autoglym is known for reflecting the best of British. So when we were invited to maintain the cars nominated by readers and motoring experts that represent the best of our automotive industry, we knew we had to be a part of it. We are really looking forward to finding out which car wins from the diverse selection on the short list.”
James Elliott, Classic & Sports Car magazine group editor, said: “Revealing the best British car of all time will certainly be one of the event’s biggest highlights. It’s very fitting that a great British brand like Autoglym wanted to be involved with the celebration of our country’s iconic motoring heritage and we look forward to welcoming visitors to pay homage to it with us.”
The ten historically significant British cars which were entered into the poll are as follows:
1. Jaguar E-type
2. Mini Cooper S
3. Austin Seven
4. McLaren F1
5. Range Rover
6. Lotus Seven
7. Bentley Speed Six
8. Ford GT40
9. Jaguar XKSS
10. Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
Classic & Sports Car – The London Show will feature more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars from world-famous collectors and world-renowned classic car retailers. Organised by Classic & Sports Car, the world’s best-selling classic car magazine, The London Show will also include a celebration of Aston Martin, an exhibition of Sir Stirling Moss’ most iconic single-seater competition cars and a star-studded live stage, with many more features to be revealed over the coming weeks.
Tickets for Classic & Sports Car – The London Show are now on sale, visit www.classicandsportscarshow.com or call 0844 581 1275 to book yours.